Wednesday, June 17, 2015

STEP BACK AND TAKE A LOOK

Wulp i fell in.  Nah just kidding but i did break a bridge.  I was walking along this little skinny part right by the edge of the water and the bridge broke, but i jumped for it and made it to the dry land so its all good.  Anyways this week was full of good work.  We had a great sunday.  We got to church and we had a good amount of investigators and less actives who showed up so we were really happy. I still havnt met the bishop of my ward cuz hes been out of town for the last month or so.  And things have been a little out of order.  Anyways after the passing of the sacrament the first councilor got up and said were now gonna have two talks and then the closing song and prayer.  hmmm a little strange only two talks. The two speakers are gonna have to talk for a while.... "and the first talk will be given by elder smith and the second by elder portocarrero"  youve gotta be kidding me...  my comp and i looked at eachother across the chapel and both just laughed.  I took my Libro de Mormon with me and ya started to talk.  I talked about the sacrament for fifteen or twenty minutes and then my comp got up talked about how the members could contribute the missionary work in our ward for like 6 minutes.  Ughhh so ya they ended the sacrament meeting 10 minutes early.  I wanted to get up and talk again but ya now its in the past.  Then we went into gospel principles in the second hour.  We talked about the creation of the world and asked all the class to share what their favorite aspect of the world was.  All described beautiful things but it almost brought me to tears when the middle aged blind women weve been teaching stood up and described the noises of the birds in the amazon she hears every morning she wakes up.  It made me so grateful for this beautiful world.  You really can see the Lords love for us just stepping back and taking a look at the earth He created for us.  Im so grateful to live in the world.  and to be in this part of the world for these next two years of my life.  Hope everyone gets the chance to see the world in His way this week.  much love.
always
elder smith

No comments:

Post a Comment